CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction(Building)
National Course Code: CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction(Building)
Cricos Course Code: 084497G
Duration: 52 weeks
Hours: 20 hours per week
• IELTS 5.5 or equivalent or
• minimum 4 weeks upper intermediate level at UIT.
• minimum of year 11 or equivalent
• minimum age of 18
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses.
This Course is suitable for:
• Those who meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium- sized building businesses.
• Those who are wishing to establish their own construction company.
• Those who are wishing to pathway into higher level qualifications in the same training field or related qualifications.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBSMB406A||Manage small business finances|
|CPCCBC4001A||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects|
|CPCCBC4002A||Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace|
|CPCCBC4003A||Select and prepare a construction contract|
|CPCCBC4004A||Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4005A||Produce labour and material schedules for ordering|
|CPCCBC4006B||Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects|
|CPCCBC4007A||Plan building or construction work|
|CPCCBC4008B||Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4009B||Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4010B||Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4011B||Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4012B||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4013A||Prepare and evaluate tender documentation|
|CPCCBC4018A||Apply site surveys and set out procedures to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4016A||Administer a construction contract|
• This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
• Students can use this qualification as a pathway to further qualifications and/or a change of career.
• Construction manager
Assessment tasks are varied and comprise of Observation, Portfolio, Role Play, Project, and Questions. Research activities will be conducted online and using reference material.