BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
National Course Code: BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
Cricos Course Code: 086947D
Course duration: 26 weeks
Hours: 20 hours per week
Holiday break: 6 weeks
Modes of study: Face-to-face and Self-study
About The Course
Individuals who use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
This course is suitable for:
• Those planning to pursue a career in business.
• Those wishing to enter a different industry sector.
• Those wishing to pathway into higher level qualifications in business or other related qualifications.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements.|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services|
• After completing BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business, individuals could progress to Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications in business.
Graduates at this level will have theoretical and practical knowledge and skills for specialised and/or skilled work and/or further learning
• Project Officer
Assessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
Roleplay, presentation, practical observation, written questions and projects
Pre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in UIT courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior the confirmation of enrolment at UIT. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised UIT Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, UIT review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. Students will be asked to complete this PTR during the enrolment process by providing details of your existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications that are relevant to the course being applied for. UIT will then review this information and respond to the student with the outcome of the review whether to proceed and ask for other admission requirements below.
- Relevant work experience will be acknowledged and taken into consideration for the course to be shortened due to your recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to UIT
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 11 qualification is required for entry into this course.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- IELTS score 5.5 (Academic/ General) or equivalent or have completed at least 6 weeks of Upper- Intermediate EAP/IELTS Exam Preparation course at UIT
- Provide satisfactory evidence that the learner has the required level of literacy and numeracy skills to complete the qualification.
- To obtain an indication of students ACSF Level, students will be required to complete and LLN assessment as a component of the enrolment process. Students are required to successfully test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN assessment as indicated by the UIT staff during your enrolment process.
- If learners do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training e.g. IELTS/ EAP English classes.
- For LLN test, following scores are required:
- Learning: 4
- Reading: 4
- Writing: 3
- Literacy: 4
- Numeracy: 2
- All students enrolling into this program must know how to use the basic computer digital literacy skills and Internet/ email skills.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- In addition, students, will need to provide UIT with their Unique Student Identifier number (USI). A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record. This allows students to see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life, and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake. Students must obtain the USI prior to enrolment.
- Students must possess an appropriate visa that allows them to study at UIT.