10695NAT Certificate IV in TESOL
National Course Code: 10695 NAT CERTIFICATE IV IN TESOL
The Certificate IV in TESOL is a short intensive course providing a valuable qualification to people wishing to teach English in Australia and overseas. This course provides students with practical teaching skills and experience through an in-class workshop and teaching practicum program. It develops all facets of becoming an effective teacher and prepares students for directly entering into a TESOL teaching career.
Graduates of this course may apply for teaching positions in Australian community centres, language schools and private colleges. Students may also work in other countries in a wide range of positions.
Pre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in UIT courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior the confirmation of enrolment at UIT. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised UIT staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, UIT reviews applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. Students will be asked to complete this PTR during the enrolment process by providing details of their existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications that are relevant to the course being applied for. UIT will then review this information and respond to the student with the outcome of the review whether to proceed and ask for other admission requirements below.
- All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to UIT
Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
or, where the student has not completed senior secondary school:
the standard of English that a student would demonstrate if they achieved a very high level at the completion of junior secondary school (Year 10).
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- IELTS score 5.5 (please visit www.ielts.org for details) or equivalent, or have completed at least 6 weeks of Upper- Intermediate EAP/IELTS Exam Preparation course at Universal English.
– Other proficiency tests and associated scores that would indicate equivalent English proficiency may include, but not be limited to:
- PTE Academic: 46
- TOEIC: 700
- TOEFL (paper): 525
- TOEFL (CBT): 196
- TOEFL (IBT): 69-70
- Cambridge Exams: FCE
- CEF: B2
- ISLPR: 3
– Provide satisfactory evidence that the learner has the required level of literacy and numeracy skills to complete the qualification.
– To obtain an indication of students ACSF Level, in addition to the enrolment form, they will be subjected to LLN assessment as a component of the enrolment process. Students are required to successfully test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN assessment as indicated by the UIT staff during your enrolment process.
LLN entry requirements(score):
-Writing : 4
-Oral communication: 5
-Mathematics : 2
– If learners do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training e.g. Foundation skill programs etc.
- All students enrolling into this program must know how to use a basic computer and have digital literacy skills and internet/ email skills.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- In addition, students will need to provide UIT with their Unique Student Identifier number. A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record. This lets them see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake.
- Students must possess an appropriate visa that allows them to study at UIT.
- CRICOS Course Code: 099329A
- Course duration: 10 weeks
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Holiday break: N/A
Study mode and hours:
Face-to-face : 200 hours
Self-study : 368 hours
Practicum: 6 hours and Observation: 6 hours
Fees: Tuition: $3250
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|TESCIE001||Create a culturally inclusive learning environment|
|TESGAE001||Use the genre approach to teach English|
|TESTEG001||Teach English grammar|
|TESTSP001||Teach spelling and pronunciation|
|TESDRF001||Develop resource files|
|TESMAD001||Use music, art and drama in TESOL|