ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology
National Course Code: ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology
Cricos Course Code: 0100478
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies. Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher-level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
• ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology
Pathways out of
Students who successfully complete this qualification may pathway into further study options:
• ICT60415- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology- Project Management
• Graduates at this level will have specialised knowledge and skills for skilled/paraprofessional work and/or further learning.
• Senior office support worker
• IT Manager
• IT Helpdesk Supervisor
• ICT Office Manager
Assessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
Roleplay, presentation, practical observation, written questions and projects
Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course. – Relevant work experience will be acknowledged and taken into consideration if the course is shortened due to your recognition of prior learning (RPL).
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- IELTS score 5.5 (Academic/ General) or equivalent or have completed at least 6 weeks of Upper- Intermediate EAP/IELTS Exam Preparation course at Universal English.
- Provide satisfactory evidence that the learner has the required level of literacy and numeracy skills to complete the qualification.
- To obtain an indication of students ACSF Level, students will be required to complete and LLN assessment as a component of the enrolment process. Students are required to successfully test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN assessment as indicated by the UIT staff during your enrolment process.
- If learners do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training e.g. IELTS/ EAP English classes.
- For LLN test, folowing scores are required:
- Learning: 4
- Reading: 4
- Writing: 4
- Literacy: 4
- Numeracy: 3
- This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
- Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher-level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
- All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to UIT
- All students enrolling into this program must know how to use the basic computer digital literacy skills in each of the following areas prior to graduation: (1) MS Windows, (2) MS Word, and (3) Internet /e-mail skills. This is expected from UIT and if you do not possess the computer literacy requirements, you will be provided with additional support.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- In addition, students, will need to provide UIT with their Unique Student Identifier number (USI). A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record. This allows students to see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life, and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake. Students must obtain the USI prior to enrolment.
- Students must possess an appropriate visa that allows them to study at UIT.
- CRICOS Course Code: ICT50118
- Course duration: 1.5 year
- Hours: 1200 face to face hours+ 600 self-study hours (guided learning as per the session plans)
- Holiday break: 18 weeks
Study mode and hours:
On-campus face to face, 20 hours per week
- Fees: $16,000
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|ICTNWK536||Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB429||Create a markup language document to specification|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
|ICTICT419||Work effectively in the digital media industry|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB503||Create web-based programs|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for organization|
|ICTICT508||Evaluate vendor products and equipment|
|ICTSAD505||Develop technical requirements for business solutions|
|CUADIG502||Design digital applications|
|ICTICT406||Build a graphical user interface|
|ICTPRG525||Build java applets|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills|