BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. Media and advertisement methods along with in-class practical examples we create a simulated business environment. They may provide professional supports in marketing and advertisement.
Graduates at this level will have specialized knowledge and skills for skilled/ paraprofessional work and/or further learning
• Account manager
• Account planner
• Advertising account manager
• Advertising creative director
• Advertising manager
• Marketing manager
• Marketing team leader
• Product manager
• Public relations manager
Assessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
Roleplay, presentation, practical observation, written questions and projects
- Selection for enrolment in UIT courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior the confirmation of enrolment at UIT. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised UIT Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, UIT review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. Students will be asked to complete this PTR during the enrolment process by providing details of your existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications that are relevant to the course being applied for. UIT will then review this information and respond to the student with the outcome of the review whether to proceed and ask for other admission requirements below.
- Relevant work experience will be acknowledged and taken into consideration for the course to be shortened due to your recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to UIT
- have completed all core units in BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication as per the training.gov.au Ref: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB52415
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- IELTS score 5.5 (Academic/ General) or equivalent or have completed at least 6 weeks of Upper- Intermediate EAP/IELTS Exam Preparation course at UIT
- Provide satisfactory evidence that the learner has the required level of literacy and numeracy skills to complete the qualification.
- To obtain an indication of students ACSF Level, students will be required to complete and LLN assessment as a component of the enrolment process. Students are required to successfully test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN assessment as indicated by the UIT staff during your enrolment process.
- If learners do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training e.g. IELTS/ EAP English classes.
- For LLN test, following scores are required:
- Learning: 4
- Reading: 4
- Writing: 4
- Literacy: 3
- Numeracy: 3
- All students enrolling into this program must know how to use the basic computer digital literacy skills and Internet/ email skills.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- In addition, students, will need to provide UIT with their Unique Student Identifier number (USI). A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record. This allows students to see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life, and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake. Students must obtain the USI prior to enrolment.
- Students must possess an appropriate visa that allows them to study at UIT.
- CRICOS Course Code: 094971D
- Course duration: 52 weeks
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Holiday break: 12 weeks
Study mode and hours:
800 hrs of face-to-face hours + 405 hrs of self-study
- Fees: $10,000
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBMKG515||Conduct market audit|
|BSBADV507||Develop a media plan|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBMKG510||Plan e-marketing communications|
|BSBMKG514||Implement and monitor marketing activities|
|BSBMKG501||Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities|
|BSBMKG502||Establish and adjust the marketing mix|
|BSBMKG506||Plan Market Research|
|BSBMKG507||Interpret market trends and developments|
|BSBMKG523||Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan|
|BSBADV509||Create mass print media advertisements|