BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
About This Course
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge. They already manage many projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. They have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives.
This course is suitable for:
• Those who planning to pursue a career in small, medium and large project management.
• Those who manage projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors.
• Those who have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives.
• possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
• Those wishing to pathway into higher level qualifications in the same training field or related qualifications.
After achieving BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management, individuals could progress to Advanced Diploma of Program Management or other service industry areas.
Graduates at this level will have specialized knowledge and skills for skilled/paraprofessional work and/or further learning.
• Project manager (generic)
• Project manager (industry specific)
• Project leader
• Project team leader
• Project contract manager
• Project vendor manager
Assessments will be conducted face to face which could include:Roleplay, presentation, practical observation, written questions and projects
- Selection for enrolment in UIT courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior the confirmation of enrolment at UIT. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised UIT Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, UIT review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. Students will be asked to complete this PTR during the enrolment process by providing details of your existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications that are relevant to the course being applied for. UIT will then review this information and respond to the student with the outcome of the review whether to proceed and ask for other admission requirements below.
- Relevant work experience will be acknowledged and taken into consideration for the course to be shortened due to your recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to UIT
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- IELTS score 5.5 (Academic/ General) or equivalent or have completed at least 6 weeks of Upper- Intermediate EAP/IELTS Exam Preparation course at Universal English.
- Provide satisfactory evidence that the learner has the required level of literacy and numeracy skills to complete the qualification.
- To obtain an indication of students ACSF Level, students will be required to complete and LLN assessment as a component of the enrolment process. Students are required to successfully test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN assessment as indicated by the UIT staff during your enrolment process.
- If learners do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training e.g. IELTS/ EAP English classes.
- For LLN test, following scores are required:
- Learning: 4
- Reading: 4
- Writing: 4
- Literacy: 4
- Numeracy: 3
- All students enrolling into this program must know how to use the basic computer digital literacy skills and Internet/ email skills.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- In addition, students, will need to provide UIT with their Unique Student Identifier number (USI). A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record. This allows students to see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life, and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake. Students must obtain the USI prior to enrolment.
- Students must possess an appropriate visa that allows them to study at UIT.
- CRICOS Course Code: 087444G
- Course duration: 52 weeks
- Hours: 20 hours per week
- Holiday break: 12 weeks
Study mode and hours:
800 hrs of face-to-face hours + 410 hrs of self-study
- Fees: $10,000
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBPMG518||Manage Project Procurement|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBPMG519||Manage project stakeholder engagement|
|BSBPMG520||Manage project governance|
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk|
|BSBPMG521||Manage Project Integration|